By being actively involved in HAP, many organizations are able to serve their constituents in ways they wouldn't have the time or money to do on their own. By working together, we can accomplish so much more than by working individually.
Our mission is to help you meet your mission.
The Healthy Aging Partnership helps organizations accomplish their mission of serving older adults and their caregivers by:
- Holding monthly meetings to facilitate collaboration and idea exchanges. The Partnership meets from 8:30 - 10 a.m. on the 4th Tuesday of every month January - November, at Senior Services, 2208 2nd Avenue, in the Belltown neighborhood of downtown Seattle. Representatives of nonprofit and government organizations interested in advancing the health and well-being of seniors are welcome to attend.
- Offering opportunities to coordinate services or joint projects that make effective use of partners' insights, talents and funding
- Publicizing important health messages on topics such as nutrition, physical activity, immunizations and depression prevention to ensure safer and more active lives for older adults.
- Promoting a toll-free resource line - 1-888-4ELDERS - and online resources for seniors and their caregivers that may help them more efficiently utilize partner organizations' programs and services.
- Increasing partner organizations' visibility by developing and sponsoring workshops and other programs for seniors, caregivers and the professionals who serve them.
- Educating social service and health care professionals, caregivers, policymakers and others in our community on issues related to the health and well-being of older adults.
No other partnership brings together so many organizations dedicated to serving older adults and their caregivers in the Puget Sound region. By joining the Healthy Aging Partnership, you'll have an unparalleled opportunity to network and collaborate with other like-minded professionals on issues affecting our region’s older adults.
Membership is open to government agencies and nonprofit organizations. Sustaining Partners contribute at least $2,500 per year to assist HAP in its efforts, Contributing Partners contribute less than $2,500, and Community Partners make no financial contribution but participate actively in the HAP coalition.
To become involved with the Healthy Aging Partnership - or to explore other ways we can work together to improve senior health and well-being - contact us today at 206-297-0875.